Hotel Leitlhof is Europe’s Leading Green Hotel 2016
The World Travel Awards for Europe was held in Sardinia on September 4th, 2016. Hotel Leitlhof was nominated Europe’s Leading Green Hotel the second time in a row – which is wonderful, as it allows us to confidently say we truly are a winner!
A pioneer in sustainable tourism
The Leitlhof has specialised in sustainable holidays for many years now and is considered a pioneer in this field in South Tyrol. The Leitlhof is one of the first carbon-neutral hotels [https://www.leitlhof.com/fotos-greenholiday-nachhaltigkeit-klimaneutraler-urlaub-leitlhof-dolomiten.html], as well as one of the first energy self-sufficient hotels in the world. The Leitlhof is also a member of Green Pearl, a tourism association committed to responsible tourism and sustainable holidays.
World Travel Awards – the most coveted trophy in the sector
First prize as Europe’s Leading Green Hotel is important confirmation that the Leitlhof is on the right track. The World Travel Awards are the most renowned, comprehensive and coveted in the global tourism industry. For 23 years now, the World Travel Awards have been known world-wide as a form of recognition par excellence and a seal of undisputed quality.
The Leitlhof won over the panel
The strong concept and the work that the Leitlhof has put into it met with the panel’s approval. For the Leitlhof has not only worked to protect the nature and superb landscape of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Dolomites, but has also put into practice many environmental initiatives.
- The wood chip cogeneration plant provides the hotel with sustainable energy.
- The hotel sources vegetables and herbs from its very own garden.
- The Mühlhof organic farm, run by the Mühlmann family who own the hotel, provides excellent meat.
- Many products at Hotel Leitlhof, including the equipment, are regional, natural and sustainable.
- The Leitlhof also publishes a report of its CO2 emissions, which decrease every year, to encourage guests to limit emissions themselves.
Green holidays at the award-winning Hotel Leitlhof – Dolomiten
Come to the award-winning Hotel Leitlhof and enjoy a sustainable holiday in the Dolomites in South Tyrol. Savour already a holiday in nature and a mountain landscape that is one of a kind in the world. Send us your request without obligation or contact us directly: +39 0474 913 440. We look forward to seeing you!
Latest posts by Dietmar Walder (see all)
- Carnival traditions and customs in the Val Venosta - 21. February 2017
- Ski mountaineering in Val Pusteria - 21. February 2017
- World Travel Awards 2016: And the winner is … Leitlhof Dolomiten !! - 11. October 2016